26.11.2008

Nothing matters

Dr. House Dialog aus der gestrigen Sendung:
Evan Greer: You really as good as everyone seems to think you are?

Dr. House: Are you really as miserable, as everyone seems to think you are?

Evan Greer
: I just wanna do something...that matters.


Dr. House
: Nothing matters, we're all just cockroaches, wildebeests dying in the riverbank, nothing we do has any lasting meaning.


Evan Greer: And you think I'm miserable.


Dr. House: Your unhappy on the plane, jump out of it.


Evan Greer: I want to but...I can't.


Dr. House: Hmm...that's the problem with metaphors, they need interpretation. Jumping out of the plane is stupid.


Evan Greer: What if I'm not in a plane? What if I'm just in a place I don't want to be?


Dr. House: That's the other problem with metaphors. Yes, what if you're really in an ice cream truck, and outside are candy and flowers and virgins? You're on a plane! We're all on planes. Life is dangerous and complicated, and...it's a long way down.


Evan Greer: So you're afraid of change?


Dr. House: No you're afraid to change. You rather imagine you can escape, instead of actually try. 'Cause if you fail, then you've got nothing. So you'll give up the chance of something real, so that you can hold on to hope. Thing is, hope is for sissies.


Evan Greer: [Starting to hallucinate] When I get out of here I'm not gonna be afraid anymore. I mean, how many guys get a second chance?


Dr. House: Too many. Half the people I save don't deserve a second chance.

Keine Kommentare: